Dominican Winter League
- Cardinals outfield prospect Oscar Taveras, who had been struggling of late with just two hits in his previous five games, went 3-for-5 with a double on Wednesday, getting his winter batting average back up to .309.
- After an incredibly hot start to the winter, Marcell Ozuna has come crashing down to earth lately, collecting just three hits for his previous 32 at-bats entering Wednesday, when he went 2-for-4 with a double. The Marlins outfielder has 18 extra-base hits this winter but is not hitting just .230.
- Atlanta Braves pitching prospect Julio Teheran took a no-hitter into the sixth inning, ultimately allowing just one hit in 5 2/3 innings of work while striking out four.
Puerto Rican Winter League
- Anthony Ranaudo got hit around, allowing two runs in two-thirds of an inning before exiting his game early on Wednesday. His troubles may have been furthered by a groin injury, which Peter Gammons tweets has been a recurring problem for the Red Sox pitching prospect this winter. Ranaudo's ERA is now up to 6.05 for the winter.
- Yasiel Puig continues his enigmatic winter, as the Dodgers outfielder went 2-for-4 on Wednesday with a pair of strikeouts. He's now hitting .250 for the winter and has four hits in his past two games, but also five strikeouts over that span, and 11 in 28 at-bats this winter.
Venezuelan Winter League
- Gorkys Hernandez continued his red-hot winter season with three more hits, and is now hitting .323 on the winter.
- Twins outfielder Oswaldo Arcia went 3-for-4 with a triple to get his VWL batting average back up to .248.