Teams are really beginning to flood their rosters with young players as the season winds down, most of whom are auditioning prospects for spots on their 2012 rosters.
- The Washington Nationals are calling up pitcher Brad Peacock and 2B Steven Lombardozzi among others, reports Bill Ladson of MLB.com.
- The Toronto Blue Jays have recalled Kyle Drabek and David Cooper, says Tom Dakers of BlueBirdBanter.com.
- The Chicago White Sox have promoted SS Eduardo Escobar and P Addison Reed, notes Dan Santaromita of FutureSox.com.
- The Colorado Rockies are going to bring Drew Pomeranz to the majors, according to Jack Etkin of InsidetheRockies.com. Pomeranz was thought to be out for the season following an emergency appendectomy, but he has returned to action quicker than expected.
- The Minnesota Twins have called up OF Joe Benson, reports Joe Christiensen of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, who also adds that P Liam Hendriks will take the mound on Tuesday for at least one September start.
- The Seattle Mariners have promoted Alex Liddi, notes Larry Larue of The [Tacoma] News Tribune, making the 3B prospect the first Italian-born-and-raised player in the major leagues.